Thursday, June 30, 2011

SO busy lately...

There's been so much going on lately, that I've barely had any time to do anything leisurely.


My truck is getting a new windshield. It started as a little chip (the third one) and started to crack. By the time the repair guy got to me, it was too big for him to fix it. So I scheduled a replacement. It was $50 cheaper to go without my insurance, so that was an easy decision.

Of course, I had just scrubbed all of my windows, including that one, inside and out. After they replace the glass, they clean all the windows for ya!


Next up, Dale and I have sold BOTH of our beater cars. As of last night, we are back to basics. Both cars were sold to co-workers of Dale. So he'll get to see them and keep up with how they're doing without having to do any of the work.

This will keep our maintenance costs down so we should be able to save a little bit of money. Since we are looking to buy a new car in the next couple years, it will be good to save up some cash. One of the cars we are looking at purchasing has free dealer maintenance for 3 years or 36,000 miles!


Other than that, Dale and I have both been working hard and have gotten to spend some time together. We spent some time dog-sitting this past weekend and hung out at the house to keep the doggie company. We ended up playing Super Mario Galaxy 2 for a while as the dog was passed out. It's the little things that I love.

There's one other thing, but I'm waiting for Dale to make it public before I tell the world. I'm SO excited, but it's his news, not mine, so I'll wait... impatiently. :)

No comments: