Thursday, June 9, 2011

Mailbox Project

So my sister, Bridget, and I were talking about how nobody ever sends letters in the mail any more. Well, my thought process is that I'm too lazy to write out a whole letter. I can never think if anything to say. Besides that, I would have to remember not to mention the same topic in one of our phone conversations.

So to make this adventure more probable, my mind wandered to postcards. You don't HAVE to write anything except the address you are mailing it to. So this idea has now started rolling...

I talked about it with one of the guys on my forum and he mentioned that it would a cool thing to post in the forums and see if we could get anyone else involved. So I posted the basic info and I actually have a number of people interested!

We now have about 10 people involved. We can all just randomly mail a postcard to anyone on the list as we want to. I hope to make this a bigger thing, but I'm really excited to be off to a good start as it is.

So yesterday morning I mailed off a stack of postcards to all of the people on the list as well as a couple of my ladies. I'm really excited to get this started. I'm even more excited to see what cool postcards these goofs come up with to send. Heck, I even have a little photo album all ready to store the postcards I get.

I swear I feel like a little kid. I'm actually excited to go to my mailbox again! I used to LOVE it, but lately, it's gotten bland...

No comments: