Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Like a kid a Christmas...

...But it's not Christmas yet!
For some reason, I'm all psyched up about Christmas already.  Today it is supposed to be in the 90's and I just want to bake Christmas cookies.  No, I'm not actually doing it, but that's mostly because my work schedule doesn't allow it.

Last year was the first year we tried a fun new idea and it went very well!  Due to my work schedule at the airport, I couldn't be home for Christmas.  It was the first year that I couldn't be there on Christmas Day!  So my mom came up with this nifty idea. Since my brother and I wouldn't be in town until the weekend after Christmas, she set up "Second Christmas."

Now, Second Christmas turned out to be a lot like regular Christmas, but on a different date.  We still did breakfast food around noon.  All the usual family members showed up, plus more!  

Often on actual Christmas, the family members all have very busy schedules and they can only stay for a little while.  On Second Christmas, there are fewer places to be, so we can actually socialize for a while.

I've realized that this works very well for me because now I can enjoy Christmas with Dale's family without having to rush out early in the morning to visit my family.  With Second Christmas, I can actually relax a bit and enjoy being with family.

I'm so excited for Christmas and Second Christmas!

No comments: