Thursday, December 16, 2010

New Year Resolutions

I know it's a bit early, but I want to start planning now. I have a couple things I want to do. Most of it is just trying to clean up my life.

1. Pay off a certain credit card. It isn't the highest balance, but it's the highest interest. I've been slowly chipping away for years, but I feel like I should have made more progress. My goal is to have this ENTIRELY paid off by the end of the year. My credit and credit cards are a huge weight on me and I want to get rid of it. I have better things to pay for and now that I make a little more money, this is possible.

2. Shine my sink. It is the first step in using baby steps to tidy your home. My mommy has been part of FlyLady for years, and the house has been looking much better. It is all about doing little things for a little bit of time. An extremely messy room is a pretty overwhelming task to attack, but if you just work on it for 15 minutes, it is more manageable. You are more likely to work for 15 minutes than you would be to try to attack the whole thing at once. Then with the first 15 minutes down, you feel as if you accomplished something and you're more likely to return.

There are a lot of other things that I want to get into soon like taking more photos and learning how to use my grandma's old sewing machine. But those are little things that just require mustering up some patience to sit down and learn a few things on my own.

Any other resolutions out there yet? What about your resolutions for this year? How'd you do?

No comments: