Monday, December 27, 2010

Wants vs. Needs

So during the slow times at work I attempt to reach the end of the internet. Tonight I went through my e-mail box that I use for my occasional stuff. Anything less pressing goes to this "other" address. Tonight I was going through and found a link to an Oneida sale. I know that they have great things for the kitchen, so I sneak a peek.

Lo and behold, they have the dishware I want at a crazy discount! Instead of service for four costing $156, it only costs $50! I want it! And the design I want is available in round and square. I figure I'd get a set of each. They will mix well and then I'll have plates when I have more than one or two people over. I have put a little thought into this...

The downside is that I have dishes, and I don't NEED any more. I have some savings, but student loans are coming around, and I don't know what that will do to my finances. Do I really NEED to spend $100 on $300 worth of dishes? Not so much.

No comments: