Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Monster Trucks!

The other night, Dale and I went to see Monster Jam. This is getting to be an annual event and I'm loving it! The races are kinda boring to me, but they are decent photo ops, usually.

But then comes the freestyle and that's just too fun! That's the most exciting part. That's where they are jumping, smashing, and sometimes wrecking. SO many good shots in Freestyle. One truck this year had been having a rough time earlier and we could hear the misfire. He went for the BIGGEST jump, and one wheel didn't land on the dirt in the best way, so he flipped and wrecked it, but in a rather spectacular fashion.

The major downside of this year is that the ticket said no cameras, so I didn't bring mine. I guess it meant no video cameras since there were a lot of flashes going off in the crowd every time one of the trucks jumped. But not having my camera, I was able to focus on everything that was happening, and not just what was in my viewfinder.

But it was so much fun like it was last year. I think this is going to an annual outing for us. Glee!

No comments: