Monday, August 8, 2011

Yay for shiny electronics!

So now Dale and I have a new netbook! Why would we spend money on that when we have the desktop at home? Well, Dale is going back to school!

Two weeks from today he will be starting classes for the "Mechatronics" program at the community college. This program incorporates mechanics, pneumatics, and electronics into a bundle and teaches you how to work on the robots in manufacturing plants.

When we were trying to find a program that might interest him he had mentioned each of these things individually as things he would like to learn more about. When he was telling me the classes involved in this program, I just couldn't believe that all of these were in one program and it all just sounded perfect!

As I know how hard it is to make the leap of faith and make school a priority over a job you already have, I have made sure to remind him that I will help as much as possible. I got him this netbook as a congratulatory gift for going back to school. I know he will do well, and I'm proud of him for making this step.

No comments: