Friday, October 28, 2011

One down!

Remember when I said my New Year's resolution was to pay off a specific credit card?  Yeah, I already have that done.  I'm totally proud of myself for having it all paid off two months early!

Now I still have two cards that carry a balance.  The lower balance one I can have paid off by the end of the year.  That would be two cards paid off instead of just one!  The other cards is going to be quite a bit trickier.

Keep in mind that I allowed myself until the end of 2013 to have all three paid off... But I like a challenge.  Now with Dale in school, it's a bit harder because I try to pay more when rent comes around so he can make his bills.  But I'm still going to work my butt off to get this last one paid off as soon as possible.

If I run things REALLY tight in 2012, I can do it.  That would be very nice.  But, honestly, I will be quite happy if I can get this paid off and some saving built up before Dale finished school.  Yes, I'm a dreamer and a planner.  No, my plans don't often work out.  But hard work and scrimping has gotten me this far, and I will continue with it for a while longer.

P.S. I found out from a 'class' at my local library that for your credit score, when the bureaus look at credit cards, they look at "available credit"  vs. "balance" and if your balance is more than half the total available credit, it drops your score significantly.  I found it to be good info, and I hope it helps.

No comments: