Thursday, April 5, 2012

Alabama!

A few weeks ago was DOF's annual get together in Alabama.  It was a 4-day weekend that was full of fun!

The main highlights for me was taking my truck down a 1/4 mile track for the first time and also putting her back on a dyno to measure her power output.
 On the track, I kept playing with Mike who was the only other person there with a Dakota.  We were pretty evenly matched power-wise.  I even beat him once!  I also lined up with Rich, whose truck has more power in it's pinky toe than my whole truck, but it was still fun.  He has pretty nice-looking taillights.  :)
 On the dyno, I had the lowest numbers of the day, but my truck also had the least power from the factory, too.  If it was a competition, I might be sad, but it was all about the fun. 

Overall, the trip was a blast.  Dale and I took our time getting there and back, which made for a less stressful journey.  There was some amazing food and even better company and I think everyone had as much fun as I did!  I love meeting new people, and seeing some old friends every year, and was not disappointed this year.  There were a few people that I would have loved to have been there this year, but I understand how life gets in the way of plans.  I will be seeing them next year, though! 



No comments: