Friday, April 29, 2011

Project Progress!

So now that Dale and I are all by ourselves in the apartment now, we can truly make it our own. With the other bedroom available, I have all sorts of ideas and plans for the extra space. It'll be a great place for a workspace for Dale and his R/C car projects, and the extra closet space will house out of season clothes and other clothing that is not worn as often, and even as a guest bedroom!

Well, a few days ago we moved a twin bed into the room and set it up. Today the bedding I ordered came in and Dale made up the bed while I was at work. He sent me a picture and it looks great!

Yesterday I cleaned up a whole bunch of clothes that I had no place for in my room. It made a huge difference in the appearance of the whole room! I overloaded my hamper with all of the clothes that needed washed and hung up a bunch of hoodies and my pants (I haven't had a place for them before) and put them in the other closet. Now I feel like there is SO much less clutter!

I think that mindset is what helps me become motivated to keep the rest of the apartment tidy. I living room is pretty well straightened up and the kitchen counters are all clean, I do the dishes so that there aren't any sitting overnight, I even make dinner more often since I feel less claustrophobic in the kitchen.

It's funny how one thing leads to another. I'm loving this new freedom in my own home. Sure, it's not a house, but it's what I have for now and I like the changes.

No comments: