Thursday, December 29, 2011

Yay! Victims *Ahem* Volunteers, rather.

So I've been trying to get better at taking pictures of people.  I've never been that great at it because they don't just stay still and let you take a picture.  People require work, and boy that is definitely a life lesson there!

Well just before my most recent visit to Ohio, my friends Rebbie and Choji got all engaged and stuff!  (Congrats, kids!)  Well, I offered to take some pictures of them and if they liked the photos, they could feel free to call them the official engagement photos.  I figure this is a win-win since they would get engagement photos and I would get practice and possibly some additions to my portfolio.

Well, sadly Choji wasn't feeling well during the time I was there, so we didn't go out.  But my sister found another victi- *ahem* volunteer!  Her coworker Kara would be interested in sacrificing her family to my photographic lack-of-practice.  Well, I know that kids are a challenge in real life, but to photograph them and make them look like the angels their mommy knows they are is way more than a challenge.  I'm totally psyched (and a bit scared) to attack this challenge.

And this "morning" (I use the term loosely) Rebbie texted me to see if I would be interested in maybe taking some shots for her senior pictures!  I'm so excited to have all of these offers to help me out.  Sure, it's helping them, too, but if I'm already going to be down there, the shoot will only cost my time since I have no props.  Sure, prints will cost, but that would be a direct pass-through for these ladies.  

I'm ready to start practicing!  Oh, my models are 200 miles away!  Bummer....

No comments: