Thursday, May 19, 2011

Oops, I did it again!

Speeding, that is.

I have been so good since my last ticket. The other day I was on my way home from visiting Dale at work... First time driving my truck in a while and I was preoccupied with trying to figure out how I'm going to pay my bills. Then I saw the nice officer in the median and looked down... 80 in a 70 zone.

Here I'm thinking "Please don't, please don't, please don't, oh, crap." So I pulled over as soon as I possibly could. I was cooperative and all and hoped he would go easy on me. He totally wrote me a ticket. Actually, printed out a citation for me. It is a printout from the officer's mobile computer! Ah, technology.

Now I have another bill to worry about and it's due the day before I get paid. I see my scant saving evaporating already. Joy.

No comments: